The characteristics of sex addiction can include:
- Behaviours or mind sets that are becoming unmanageable
- Those closest to me feeling betrayed, anxious, fearful or unaware
- Indifference to being fully honest
- The belief that seeking help won’t change anything
- The revelation of what I don’t want others to know – for fear I will lose them
- The revelation of a truth I don’t want to hear or actions I don’t want to implement
- Challenging the notion: no one could understand me or my issues
- Being in two minds as to whether I have a problem
- Breaking the silence of my secret is necessary for change to begin
- This destructive path is causing my life to spiral out of control
- I have become isolated and emotionally disconnected
- The impact of stress and anger is directly related to acting out
- My priorities and commitments are being undermined
- I am not as happy or focused as I once was.
You owe it to yourself and those closest to you to take serious Steps to Ending Problematic Sexuality.