The Living and Loving Programme consists of five modules (including the assessment – Step One) that are made up of weekly group therapy sessions. Each module is designed to take three months or more to complete.
The modules include learning life skills such as:
- Effective communication, emotional honesty and relationship values
- Authenticity, self assertiveness and growing up emotionally
- Challenging old default patterns that lead to false intimacy
- Creating relapse prevention, group vulnerability, transparency and accountability for sobriety
- Spirituality and healthy alternative highs
- Adopting CBT techniques
- Life beyond recovery that includes giving back
Further to this, there are a number of strategic, interpersonal and relational modules that will help create empathic closeness between you and your partner. Throughout each module a Trigger and Relapse Inventory (TRI) is used to gauge recovery outcomes.
Focus is also given to partner anxiety and the return of relational trust. Personal and relationship counselling are also options that are available.
The methodology and focus of these group modules and counselling are based on elements of Gestalt, Cognitive Behavioural, Inner Healing, Client Centred and Solution Focused therapies. Each of the four modules includes a workbook.